This character means a professional or a master. The names of some professionals have the suffix shi. Biyōshi is a stylist. Biyō means beauty culture. Yakuzaishi is a pharmacist. Yakuzai means medicine. A medical doctor is ishi, of which the “i” means to heal or to cure disease. A nurse is kangoshi, of which the kango means nursing. Even sagishi, a swindler, has this character. Sagi means swindle.
Teachers are included in the same category. I mean, they are professionals. A teacher is kyōshi, of which kyō means teaching. A lecturer is kōshi, of which the kō means to lecture. Your former teacher is onshi, of which the on is a sort of indebtedness you feel to somebody.
- Draw the sweeping stroke on the top.
- Draw the vertical stroke on the left hand side.
- Draw the upper and right side of the upper rectangle.
- Draw the lower side of the upper rectangle.
- Draw the upper and right side of the lower rectangle.
- Draw the lower side of the lower rectangle.
- Begin to draw the right hand side of the character. Draw the horizontal stroke on the top.
- Draw the vertical stroke near the center.
- Draw the hook with an upward turn.
- Draw the longest vertical line.