tomona-u, han, ban
The character implies somebody you accompany. They may be your friends or your followers. One of the basic words accompanying this character is tomonau, which is a verb meaning “to accompany.”
One of the most interesting compounds accompanying ban is shōban. It’s a kind of luck sociable people can enjoy. We use it in the phrase ‘oshōban ni azukaru,” which means you have a chance to get something because another person you accompany is the owner of it or the primary recipient of it. In other words, you get something because you are there with your friend by chance.
- Write the sweeping stroke from the top.
- Write the vertical stroke touching the previous stroke.
- Write the dot from the top center.
- Write the sweeping dot from the upper right corner.
- Write the shorter horizontal stroke.
- Write the longer horizontal stroke.
- Write the vertical stroke. It has a sweeping end.