soku-suru, sunawa-chi, soku
Today’s character means immediately, namely, or taking the throne. These meanings look irrelevant each other but you can see them as something attached to another.
The verb sokusuru means “conform exactly.”
Soku is equivalent to immediately or instantly. Compounds in which the character means immediate or instant are sokketsu (an immediate decision), sokkō (an immediate effect), and sokujitsu (on the very same day).
In the word sokui, the character means “to take the throne.”
Sunawachi is not a basic reading of this character. We use this word mainly in writings but we write it in hiragana. It means namely.
- Write the hook.
- Write the horizontal stroke.
- Write the horizontal stroke below the previous stroke.
- Write the vertical stroke with a turn rising rightward.
- Write the dot at the end of the previous stroke.
- Begin to write the right-hand side of the character. Write the hook with an upward turn.
- Write the vertical stroke near the center.